it's that time of year

it's that time of year

a middle tennessee garden blog


finding beauty in the natural things around us makes for one happy self and a lovely life. ~marmee

dash home farm, leiper's fork, tennessee

Friday, October 30, 2009

loving life

my daughter esther and her daughter, my grandbaby, grace
are visiting from florida.......


so far we have seen beautiful leaves...ate spaghetti ...hula hooped...played twister...
visited chuck e. cheese....made stuffedgreen peppers... spent ages at anthropologie...
watched miss potter...read books....overcame obstacles...had cheesecake from cheesecake factory... laughed a lot.... visited the factory....bought chic winter coats...played jenga...had icecream...talked nonstop....been onstage....hugged spiders leggs... taken a million photos......





























all while learning more about each other and following life's path together.

~these photos were taken by various member of the family~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun for you all! That is some mighty fine hoola hooping too! I have one in the garage, need to practice up. When you mentioned Anthropologie, I nearly swooned. I love those stores, so full of quirky goodies. :-)
Frances

Susie said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't hoola hooped in years. The last time I tried I wasn't too successful.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Marmee!

Darla said...

We too hoola hoop! Ya'll have been having waaay too much fun!! LOVE IT!

Lisa said...

How sweet! Good times and great memories.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa Q

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Nothin' better than family.... You and your daughters and grands are ALL gorgeous!!!!! I know you are loving having the Florida family there...

Have a great time. I know you will.
Hugs,
Betsy

Cheryl said...

Such a fun time.....twister was a game I played with my children, I always loved it, as everybody could not control their laughter....

A beautiful set of photographs showing the wonderful closeness you have.....

Meems said...

Great times ... beatiful girls... wish I was there. Grace looks like a rag doll in that rocking chair... what was that?

You guys sure know how to pack in some stuff... you're going to need a vacation when everyone goes home.

Do some hoolas for me and give all your family a big hug, too.

love you all...

Gail said...

We played lots of board games with our son! When he visits now we have movie marathons, eat lots of take out food and talk up a storm. I can't wait for him to visit again! The hula hoops look like fun! I need to get one...Did you know that someone in Nashville teaches hula hoop fitness classes! gail

marmee said...

thanks everyone...frances, susie, darla, lisa, betsy, cheryl, meems, and gail.
i am still right in the middle of fun....have my girl here until sunday. we are having a sleep over and movie night. we were supposed to carve pumpkins but it is raining. we are making due with other fun stuff.
happy october days.

D said...

Marmee, I think you all are having way too much fun! What a lovely family and I can feel the love.