it's that time of year

it's that time of year

a middle tennessee garden blog


finding beauty in the natural things around us makes for one happy self and a lovely life. ~marmee

dash home farm, leiper's fork, tennessee

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

stealing moments in june

morning sunrise...


newly rolled hay.



beautiful june mornings.

early june eve.


oakleaf hydrangea in her glory.

another hydrangea blooming in containers.




lightening bug hunting...a favourite summer past~time.



farm fresh salad....who doesn't love summer food.


fresh picked lettuce, wild strawberries, sheep cheese, grass fed beef,
toasted almonds, heirloom tomatoes, chopped asparagus....what a yummy combo.


12 comments:

Darla said...

Nice. Love your Oakleaf..

Lona said...

Marmee your hydrangeas are so pretty. I love to watch lightening bugs in June.It reminds me of summer days as a kid and catching them in jars and letting them go.

Rose said...

June is my favorite month--thanks for such a lovely look at so many of the things I love about June, Marmee.

It's almost lunch time here--I'd love to share that yummy salad with you:)

Cheryl said...

Hi Marmee.....The month of June is just so perfect. Everything is coming into bloom, bugs abound. Sunrise and sunset capture the imagination and the heart.

Lovely post, beautiful oakleaf and yes I do love summer food.......

Roses and Lilacs said...

I love your hydrangeas. The white looks wonderful against the dark siding of the house.

Mosquito season has finally settled on us. Really messing up my mornings. I hate to slather on that stinky liquid every time I go outdoors.
Marnie

Gail said...

Marmee, Your oakleaf flowert look so pure and white! Do they have a nice fragrance~some do and some don't. gail

Susie said...

The salad looks delish! Love the first pic with the sunshine on the crystal. How pretty!

BernieH said...

Gorgeous photos ... I particularly loved the shot of the white hydrangea! That's stunning!

marmee said...

thanks everyone...summer is upon us and and all the wonders that come with it.
marmee

Lisa said...

I love hydrangeas.Beautiful!! And the salad looks amazing, I want that NOW!

Lisa Q

Anonymous said...

Marmee, I think that you have made June a close second in months that I love. I had forgotten how beautiful it was...

Jen

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if this is just me? Or is anyone else having such difficulty leaving comments on a increasing amount of blogger blogs? I usually don't even have a chance to use the word verification it goes straight to a new version of forcing me now to leave my user name and password, and even that doesn't work all the time?

Resulting in the only way I can leave a comment is as Anonymous. Anyone else, encountered this?

Jen Muddy Boot Dreams