it's that time of year

it's that time of year

a middle tennessee garden blog


finding beauty in the natural things around us makes for one happy self and a lovely life. ~marmee

dash home farm, leiper's fork, tennessee

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

home again, home again, jiggety jig






i have just returned from going to florida for a mini vacation! i am going to talk about my trip on a later post. this is about what i came home to in tennessee. well...







...the welcome home was met with tears and laughter. the tears came when abbey jumped into her daddio's arms and said "i missed you soooooo much". then the laughter came from just recalling all the things we had done and the fun that had been had.







i arrived home to a freshly cut lawn, clean sheets(hug), and a group of beautifully appointed antique lawn chairs. wow! all of that and a clean house too! thanks, honeybunny, you have done good but here's where you'll be saying man i wish that was me.



dave,



my love, gave me a beautiful card with the perfect words.











this is what it said...







i remember how i felt



the first time i saw you.



there was something about you



that i couldn't forget.



maybe it was your eyes



or your irresistible smile--



all those things that i have since



come to know so well.



but whatever it was,



i remember that it drew me in



and took hold of me



in a way i couldn't ignore.



now when i look at you,



i see someone who's become



so incredibly important in my life.



yet there are still those moments



when i feel the mystery, the charm,



the same invisible power



pulling me to you--



just as it did when we first met.







And in those moments,



i can't help myself...



I fall in love



all over again.

i love you,
dave



card by

suzanne berry







more tears followed after the reading of those words and hugs ensued. i am truly blessed and it was a great coming home!

No comments: